Parks and Recreation Committee Agenda for 11/04/2020
Meeting time is 7:00 – 9:00 pm on the first Wednesday of the month.
- 7:00 pm: Call the meeting to order.
- Minutes from 10/07/2020 meeting (Ruth).
- Information from monthly Helena Twp. Mtg. (Bonnie/Jim/Ruth).
- Public Comment
- Soil Erosion at the Ball Park: Barry continues to get estimates for shoreline stabilization. Review Site Plan for the Ball Park. (Barry, Ruth,)(NOV)
- 6. Capital Improvement Plan (CIP): No changes since Oct meeting.
The township has purchased aluminum tags numbered 1 – 100 for labeling of township property in our parks. We will use these to label the items in each park (tables, benches, etc.) so that the description in our CIP for an item in a specific park (i.e. Table # 14) can be tied to that item. Steve will meet with the responsible committee member for each park at their park to screw the tags to the items in their park. We will start with Tennis Court Park.
Cost of replacement picnic tables and benches…no report yet. Possible deal thru Laury Stone’s husband(Dell)
Software is here. Dell will do initial loading of data for all parks and then transfer to Bonnie at the Township when that phase is complete. Please bring your CIP data sheets to the monthly meeting if your park assessment is complete. No rush if not completed yet. Bring to next meeting or email to Dell.
Limit scope of CIP to Parks and Recreation jurisdictions only.
Ball Park: Snyder/Westerman, Coy Mtn: Dell, Comm. Cntr: Robbins, Depot Park: Loveland
Road Endings: Robbins/Gurr, Safe Harbor & Archie Valleau Landing: Smith,
Tennis Court Park: Smith, Water Trails: Dell
Include the following items for discussion and add any items identified by P&R or the board.
– For each park, road end and water trail site, inventory all items in the asset.
– For each item in the asset, determine date acquired (age), current condition, useful life of item and date it may M
– For each item in the asset, assign a number to identify that item and mark it with a permanent marker on a part of the item that is protected from the weather. Use this identifying number when describing the item in your assessment sheet.(NEW)
– For each asset, identify future projects and compile a budget and date of implementation.
– For each asset, identify future costs to replace each item inventoried and date replacement needed.
– For each asset, do an assessment of the handicap access.(NEW)
– Identify funding sources for any projects planned for that site.(NEW)
- Tri-fold brochure telling about our parks and community events. (Bonnie, Jan) (NOV)
- Pickleball is back at the CC. ARSC is out of it. The township is doing scheduling.
- ARSC grant to Sunrise Rotary of TC for toddler play equipment has been fully funded.(Steve, Jan, Ruth)
- Annual review of the Parks and Recreation website. Steve to send photos of kiosk to Bonnie.(Ruth, Steve) (SEPT of each year)
- Annual assessment of Coy Mountain Trails and trees that need cutting and report to Twp. Board (Steve, Ruth)(NOV OF EACH YEAR) Jim Gurr has agreed to prepare a report for the HT Board on the status of Coy Mountain Preserve. He will
Share the report with P&R members in November and then present it to the board at the Nov. meeting.
- Concrete work at the Depot Park and Spring meeting pulling people together (Jan)
- Laura Westerman resignation. (Ruth)
- Sign on S Lake St. Citizen inquiry. (Ruth)
- Todd Vigland property acquisition update. Need for an environmental assessment on Johnson and Logee properties.(Steve)
FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS
- Do budget for P&R to take to the township.(MARCH)
- Recognition of volunteers who worked on Coy Mtn. trail redo. An article in one or more of the papers was the
suggestion the committee liked best(Jan)(APRIL 2021)
- Celebration of the completion of the Coy Mountain Preserve trail redo (Jan) (APRIL 2021)
- 4. Jim Gurr to give report on Sustainable Built Environment Initiative Seeking Projects.(APRIL)