PICKLEBALL RESERVATION PROCESS — Effective January 1, 2019
– Pickleball court time in the Community Center gym can be reserved by contacting the township office by email only.
email@example.com Put Pickleball in the subject line. Please include a phone number and name so we have backup contact info for any changes.
– Rescheduling for future months: Extending scheduled time spots will be on a monthly basis
Residents will have a 48 hour window from 12:01 a.m. of the 1st Monday of the month until midnight of the 1st Tuesday to extend their already scheduled court reserve time slot for the following month. Beginning 12:01 a.m. of the 1st Wednesday of the month court reserve for that time slot will be open for scheduling by other groups.
Non-residents will have a 48 hour window from 12:01 a.m. of the 1st Wednesday of the month until midnight of the 1st Thursday to extend their already scheduled court reserve time slot for the following month. Beginning 12:01a.m. of the 1st Friday of the month court reserve for that time slot will be open for scheduling by other groups.
The deputy clerk is responsible for scheduling pickleball. Emails dated for any time during the 48 hour window will be honored.
If the time spot has not been re-scheduled it will be considered open and available for scheduling by another group.
Example: Email in December to schedule for January.
– Times can be reserved for 1, 1 ½, 2, 2 ½, or 3 hours
– An email will be sent to confirm the reservation and listing any dates that are not available during that reservation period.
– In fairness to others wanting to use the court the township expects payment for this reserved time whether the group plays or not. Exception will be made for severe weather.
– Helena Twp. reserves the right to ask any group to forfeit their reservation time when other groups/organizations want to rent the community center for a single day event. No payment will be due if the township asks a group to cancel.
HOURS AVAILABLE FOR RESERVATIONS:
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, 9-5 – (Hall rental will affect Monday morning reserve time)
Tuesday 9-1 – March thru Mid Dec. to allow for Grange Bingo setup
Tuesday 9-5 – Mid December to March
Friday 9-5 (Hall rental will affect Friday afternoon time reserve)
Exception: WHEN HALL IS RENTED FOR WEEKEND EVENTS NO PICKLEBALL WILL BE ALLOWED FROM NOON FRIDAY THRU NOON MONDAY
– The hourly rate to use the community center gym is $6.00/hr. Groups should pay for their time
by putting their fee in an envelope and depositing it in the Treasurer drop box by the township offices. If there are coins in the envelope, please use the tape by the box to seal the envelope so the change doesn’t fall out.
Groups should put the following information on the envelope:
Name of person who reserved the time with the day and time of reservation (i.e. Smith, Fri 9-11)