Parks & Rec Minutes February 2, 2022

      Comments Off on Parks & Rec Minutes February 2, 2022

Parks and Recreation Committee Minutes for 2/02/2022                                                 Approved 3/02/2022
In attendance: Steve Dell, Jim Gurr, Jan Loveland, Bonnie Robbins, Ruth Smith.
Not in attendance: Brian Apley & Barry Snyder

Non-members in attendance: Butch Peeples
1. Meeting called to order at apx. 7:05 pm

2. The meeting minutes from 01/05/2022 were approved & will be published on the HT website.

3. Information from the December & January HT Board Meetings: Brian Apley was appointed to the P&R Committee. The HT board was updated that plans are in the works for events to high lite the Coy Mt. land acquisition and trail update and the addition of toddler play ground equipment at Tennis Court Park.

4. No public comment.

5 A welcomed to the P&R Committee was offered to Brain Apley.

6. Soil Erosion at the Ball Park. Barry, Brian, Bonnie, & Butch are working on plans to help lessen the soil erosion at the Ball Park.

7.Capital Improvement Plan (CIP). Steve continues to work to try to come up with needed software for this project. He is hoping to have software problems resolved in a month or so.

8. Recognition of volunteers who worked on Coy Mtn. Trail redo and a celebration of the completion of the trail update project. Jan will try to coordinate with the Grand Traverse Regional Land Conservancy (GTRLC) to discuss this effort. A date is needed as well as a plan of how to best celebrate the completion of the trail and laud the volunteers. Jan will also work on a possible news release.

9. Annual review of the P&R website. Ruth has reviewed the website and pointed out some needed updates to Bonnie. Bonnie will work with COLI to get the updated competed.

10. Update on the joint GTRLC and Helena Twn. project at Coy Mt. This item is being removed from the agenda as it does not appear to be possible to add additional adjoining land to Coy Mt. Reserve at this time.

11. Toddler playground installation and celebration. The last item is to be installed in the Spring. Jan will be working on some type of celebration with news coverage. This is expected to take place in May or June.


12.  Tri-fold. Brochure telling about our parks and community events. To go on future agenda items for May.
13. Update on Federal Covid rescue money coming to HT. There have been no decisions made concerning these funds. It will remail on the agenda for March.
14. Depot Park & Juniper Garden Club. Jan will be working with various groups involved with Depot Park to organize a meeting, perhaps in March, to discuss the park and various roles and desires for the future.  

Respectfully submitted by Ruth Smith 02/03/2022