Parks and Recreation Committee Minutes for 10/06/2021 Approved 11-03-2021
In attendance: Jim Gurr, Jan Loveland, Bonnie Robbins, & Barry Snyder Not in attendance: Steve Dell, & Ruth Smith Non-members in attendance: Butch Peeples
1. Meeting called to order at 7:00 pm
2. The meeting minutes from 9/01/2021 were approved & will be published on the HT website. 3. Information from the August HT Board Meeting. The board was told about of continuing maintenance work being done by Barry and Butch at the Ball Diamond.
4. Public Input: The pledge of allegiance was said in honor of Barry’s dad, Darwin (Pie), who died 9-11- 2021. Butch talked about possibly installing a rain garden at Archie Valleau Landing to slow down and lessen sediment running into Torch Lake at that point. Other possible upkeep for this park was discussed.
5. Soil Erosion at the Ball Park Co. No current input.
6. Capital Improvement Plan (CIP). Steve just received the CIP software program. Steve was not in attendance to report further on this project.
7. Recognition of volunteers who worked on Coy Mtn. Trail redo. This item is to be moved to future agenda items to be discussed in February 2022.
8. Helena Twn. Volunteer Group. This item is to be removed from future agendas. Volunteers will be added to the list as they are recruited and hold harmless forms are completed.
9. Annual review of the P&R website. This will be moved to the November agenda.
10. We have previously discussed the need for ‘safe’ aprons at the entrance / exits of our parks. Butch told the committee that the township is seeking bids for work to improve the entrance/exit to our parks but has not heard back from any contractors yet.
11. The possibility of having someone from P&R attend the Grass River Natural Area meeting on October 27th was discussed. Butch plans to attend the Grass River Open House and other members are invited to attend if interested & able.
12. Jim will report on the ‘state of Coy Mountain Reserve’ in November.
The next P&R monthly meeting is scheduled for: Wednesday, November 3 rd, 2021 at 7pm in the Community Bldg.
Respectfully submitted by Ruth Smith 11/01/2021 from notes taken by Bonnie Robbins at the meeting