Parks and Recreation Committee Minutes for 5/04/2022 Approved 6/01/2022
In attendance: Brian Apley, Jim Gurr, Jan Loveland, & Ruth Smith
Absent: Steve Dell, Bonnie Robbins, & Barry Snyder
Non-members in attendance: Butch Peeples
1. Meeting called to order at 7:07pm
2. The meeting minutes from 04/06/2022 were approved & will be published on the HT website.
3. Information from the April HT Board Meetings: There was talk of how to make it safer for
people to cross the main street in down town Alden.
4. No public comment.
5. Soil Erosion at the Ball Park. Butch is pursuing getting bids for work needed for erosion control.
6.Capital Improvement Plan (CIP). Brian continues looking into possible software programs that might help with the capital improvement plan. There was discussion on what was presented. Brian will do further research and report back next month.
7. Recognition of volunteers who worked on Coy Mtn. Trail redo and a celebration of the completion of the trail update project and purchase of additional land. Sat., July 16th at 10 am.
A planning meeting was held and responsibility for event details decided.
8. Toddler playground installation and celebration:
The last playground equipment has been delivered to Barney Barber and is to be installed Sat., May 7th.
9. Update on Federal Covid rescue money coming to HT.
Bonnie is working to complete needed online forms mandated for this program.
There have been no decisions made concerning these funds. It will remain on the agenda for June.
10. The Antrim Co. Magistrate has requested projects in the township that people who have community service hours could be assigned to.
Committee members are to send Butch suggestions on projects in our parks that persons working off community service hours could do.
11. MSU Cooperative Extension service is a resource available to help the township develop a master plan for the Ball Park. There was discussion of this resource. This item will remain on the agenda for
Further discussion at the June meeting.
12. Tri-fold brochure about our parks and community events.
Bonnie and Jan continue to work on this project.
Respectfully submitted by Ruth Smith 05/05/2022