Parks and Recreation Committee Agenda for 6/06/2016
Note Change: Meeting time is 7:00 – 9:00 pm on the first Monday of the month.
1. Community Input
2. Minutes from 5/02/2016 meeting (Ruth).
3. Information from monthly Helena Twp. Mtg. (Ruth/Dave).
4. How do we get into the building and meeting room for our 7:00 pm Monday meeting if Dave isn’t here? Do we have keys yet? (Dave)
5. Recreational Passport Grant from DNR: New posts, benefactor, etc. (Steve)
6. Pickleball lines on the basketball court update: (Ruth)
7. Juniper Garden Club request. Review photo and send final recommendation to board.(Ruth/Steve)
8. Kayak launch and Erosion Abatement Project at Ball Park. Application for kayak launch grant. (Ken, Brad)
9. Volleyball Court at Depot Park: banking in the sand and one center post instead of two.(Ruth)
Tennis Court Park: New ADA approved wood chips needed for play area.(Ruth)
Get copy of HT Park surveys that have been completed for the P&R Resource Book? (Ruth)
10. Requests for memorials issue. (JUNE)
11. Revision of our five-year-plan. Committee decided to review each park and revise that park’s plan together at our monthly committee meeting. First park to be reviewed changed at Jan/2016 meeting from Depot Park to Ball Park. (Please bring your copy of the 5-year-plan).
12. Report on our 5-year-plan progress for each park as follows: Ken – Coy Mountain, Jan – Depot Park, Ruth & Steve – Tennis Court Park, Dave – Ball Park, Unassigned – Community Center, Unassigned – Archie Valleau Landing, Unassigned – Alden Safe Harbor. Each person responsible for her/his park will decide on action steps to move toward the goals and objectives as stated in the 5-year-plan for each park. She/he will give a progress report at each meeting and bring any completed steps to the entire committee for approval. Steve will email a “Working Document” form to each member for their specific park.
FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS:
1. Discuss the need for a MOU rules and format for the Ball Park similar to the one used for Depot Park (Dave). (OCT)
2. Handicap parking in Helena Township (Discussion). (TO BE DISCUSSED WHEN WE REVIEW EACH PARK)
3. Annual review of the Parks and Recreation Committee website (SEPT OF EACH YEAR) (Steve/Ruth).
4. New sign for Coy Mountain (Ken, Brad). (SEPT)
5. Discuss 80 acres that township owns on McPherson Rd. to decide what recreational uses it might provide. (OCT)
6. Coy Mtn forest management: HT Board sent this issue back to P&R and asked us to do the following:
A. Send any questions we have about forest management at Coy Mtn. to Joyce for forwarding to Mike Meriwether.
B. Invite Mike Meriwether to a parks and rec mtg.
C. P&R to develop a general Forest Management Plan for Coy Mtn. (Could have ecologist evaluate Coy Mtn.)
D. After our Forest Management and Trail Plan for Coy Mtn. is completed, formulate recommendations to be sent to HT Board. (NOV)
8. Discuss and decide what Twp roads would be the best for a bicycle route. Look at entire county for continuity. (See Master Plan). (SEPT)