Parks and Recreation Committee Agenda for 11/03/2021
Meeting time is 7:00 – 9:00 pm on the first Wednesday of the month.
- 7:00 pm: Call the meeting to order.
- Minutes from 10/06/2021 meeting (Ruth).
- Information from monthly Helena Twp. Mtg. (Bonnie/Jim/Ruth).
- Public Comment
- Soil Erosion at the Ball Park: Update (Barry, Bonnie,)
- 6. Capital Improvement Plan (CIP): See reference info under future agenda items below.
A few software glitches I’m working out with developer.
Steve will begin numbering items included in the CIP for each park. (Steve)
- Recognition of volunteers who worked on Coy Mtn. trail redo. An article in one or more of the papers was the
suggestion the committee liked best (Jan)( OCT 2021)
- Helena Twp volunteer group (Ruth)
- Annual review of the P&R website (Ruth, Steve, Bonnie) (OCT)
- “Safe” aprons for our park entrances, especially Ball Park. (Ruth)
- Have a representative from HT Parks and Recreation Committee attend the Grass River Natural Area meeting on
October 27 to help identify shared goals, threats, and opportunities for Grass River. (Ruth)
- Application to Helena Twp for project from GTRLC and Helena Township
- Annual assessment of Coy Mountain Trails and trees that need cutting and report to Twp. Board (Steve, Ruth)(NOV OF EACH YEAR) Jim Gurr has agreed to prepare a report for the HT Board on the status of Coy Mountain Preserve. He will
Share the report with P&R members in November and then present it to the board at the Nov. meeting.(NOV)
FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS
- Annual review of the Parks and Recreation website. (Ruth, Steve)(SEPT)
- Information about the CIP project for reference purposes Cost of replacement picnic tables and benches…no report yet. Possible deal thru Laury Stone’s husband(Dell) Limit scope of CIP to Parks and Recreation jurisdictions only. Road Endings: Robbins/Gurr, Safe Harbor & Archie Valleau Landing: Smith, Include the following items for discussion and add any items identified by P&R or the board.– For each item in the asset, determine date acquired (age), current condition, useful life of item and date it may – For each item in the asset, assign a number to identify that item and mark it with a permanent marker on a part – For each asset, identify future projects and compile a budget and date of implementation. – For each asset, do an assessment of the handicap access.(NEW) 4. Celebration of the completion of the Coy Mountain Preserve trail redo (Jan) ( JANUARY 2022)
- 5. Tri-fold brochure telling about our parks and community events. (Bonnie, Jan) (FEB)
- – Identify funding sources for any projects planned for that site.(NEW)
- – For each asset, identify future costs to replace each item inventoried and date replacement needed.
- of the item that is protected from the weather. Use this identifying number when describing the item in your assessment sheet.(NEW)
- require replacement.
- – For each park, road end and water trail site, inventory all items in the asset.
- Tennis Court Park: Smith, Water Trails: Dell
- Ball Park: Snyder/Westerman, Coy Mtn: Dell, Comm. Cntr: Robbins, Depot Park: Loveland
- Software is not here. Dell will do initial loading of data for all parks and then transfer to Bonnie at the Township when that phase is complete. Please bring your CIP data sheets to the monthly meeting if your park assessment is complete. No rush if not completed yet. Bring to next meeting or email to Dell.
- The township has purchased aluminum tags numbered 1 – 100 for labeling of township property in our parks. We will use these to label the items in each park (tables, benches, etc.) so that the description in our CIP for an item in a specific park (i.e. Table # 14) can be tied to that item. Steve will meet with the responsible committee member for each park at their park to screw the tags to the items in their park. We will start with Tennis Court Park.